Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Will toner help eliminate any orange/gold/red left in my hair after bleaching?

I have finally gotten sick of coloring my hair black and have opted for a change. I was able to lift most of my hair to a light/medium brown. However I wanted to put in some extra streaks and have kept on bleaching. What I have left now are gold/ orange streaks. I have never used toner before and was hoping it would do the trick instead of more bleachings. I'm not sure I've noticed if any drugstores in my neighborhood carry toners. Overall would it fix my problem. And if not could I use a temporary haircolor like natural instincts in a light ash color. Just to minimize the orange without compromising the overall blondness/lightness



Will toner help eliminate any orange/gold/red left in my hair after bleaching?

Yes, toner will correct that. Temporary ash dye might fix it, but I wouldn't do it because after you bleach your hair it is left very porous meaning that it will suck that dye up like a sponge and you will end up being back to having dark hair again (happened to me).



There is ONE drugstore brand toner and L'Oreal makes it. It's called "Tone Refiner". I've used it a couple times and it worked well for me. There's one for blonde hair and one for brown hair, I would go with the blonde one for you.



*Also, at Sally Beauty Supply, there's these little packets of color correcting solution (inexpensive), there's a purple one for counter-acting brassiness. You could get a few of these and you can use them different ways; pour it in your shampoo, add it to your bleach or your color the next time or use it with a conditioning mask. It really is meant to be added to hair color, but my stylist told me the other ways to use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment