Saturday, May 5, 2012

How do I dye my hair light- med. brown w/o turning it red & w/ the least amount of damage?

My hair is naturally dark brown with reddish highlights. I recently dyed it light golden brown and it came out more copper red. I want to go to Sally's and use Wella~ no ammonia dye.. What color should I go with? I want it to be light brown or even medium brown but not too dark and with no red. *I've used red/gold corrector before but it keeps coming out with a reddish tint. Please help..



How do I dye my hair light- med. brown w/o turning it red %26amp; w/ the least amount of damage?

You need to counteract the red and the only thing that will do that is cool colours with a blue or green undertone (maybe a flat brown?)



Another alternative is to bleach out the red which could damage your hair. Once the red is gone you just need to put a light brown colour on top.



How do I dye my hair light- med. brown w/o turning it red %26amp; w/ the least amount of damage?

if you have dark hair. the best thing you can do is dont buy dye with the words ash..... or golden in the name. they have high amounts of red in them that will make your hair even more red



How do I dye my hair light- med. brown w/o turning it red %26amp; w/ the least amount of damage?

Choose a neutral or neutral ash color. They have a green base, which will help to control the natural red in your natural color.



Stay away from warm and gold colors, as they are in the red family.



The red/gold corrector is in the warm family.



After you have mixed the color, use "No Red" drops in your color mixture.



Free advice from a hairdresser of 42 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment