Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Just colored hair. Turned out red. Want an ash blond. Help,plz?

started out with salt and pepper. Used a multitonal color of medium brown w/highlights. Result is red. I have a party to attend tomorrow night. What can I do to lighten this up, reduce the red, and not get orange?



Just colored hair. Turned out red. Want an ash blond. Help,plz?

If U aren't able to get to a professional,wash your hair repeatedly-I mean 5 or 6 times and blow dry in between.This happened to me once.The repeated washings lightned up my mistake-I had to go to work the next day 'ugh!' I called the hotline on the box the color came in - maybe they can give U some direction---It will be okay...just do what U can do and enjoy the party tomorrow-have some fun with it...



Just colored hair. Turned out red. Want an ash blond. Help,plz?

go to a pro... they can do it



Just colored hair. Turned out red. Want an ash blond. Help,plz?

OOH. That's happened to me before! Never use box dies!! EVER! Pros know what they are doing and if THEY mess up...well...they'll have to fix it!



Just colored hair. Turned out red. Want an ash blond. Help,plz?

I say go to a salon and ask them. It would be way easeriar to deal with



Just colored hair. Turned out red. Want an ash blond. Help,plz?

Talk to a professional hair dresser about this. You may be able to use strong die or bleach.



Just colored hair. Turned out red. Want an ash blond. Help,plz?

I would go to a salon and tell them what happend. They will be able to fix it faster than you would be able to.



Just colored hair. Turned out red. Want an ash blond. Help,plz?

Go to a hair salon and a pro can help you. That happened to me and they put low lights in my hair to make it look better.



Best wishes.



Just colored hair. Turned out red. Want an ash blond. Help,plz?

no chance is so short time i tried already and i burn my hair out



Just colored hair. Turned out red. Want an ash blond. Help,plz?

Ouch, my heart, and my hair follicles, go out to you. Get to a hairstylist, pronto. Do not try and fix it yourself--that's practically guaranteeing a disaster. (Trust me on this, as someone who looked like a golden retriever for a brief but painful 24-hour span in high school)



There is a chemical a stylist can put on your hair that can undo the color and turn your hair back to a base greyish brown, I think, and then they can re-color over that without causing serious damage to your hair. Ask a friend who's hair you like, who she goes to, and hopefully that stylist can squeeze you in. I know it's holiday party season, so it could be difficult on such short notice.



If that doesn't work, I suggest creatively covering it up with a cute hat or silk scarf. Do not try and fix it yourself just because time is running out before the party. Think of it in the big picture--you may end up damaging your hair or making the color even worse. And there are few things tackier than a bad dye job.



Good luck with your Tress RX!



Just colored hair. Turned out red. Want an ash blond. Help,plz?

I would definatley go see a profesional no matter how much it costs, . Your hair will look better and they will know exactly what to do to fix it.



Just colored hair. Turned out red. Want an ash blond. Help,plz?

I unfortunately learned my lesson after about the fifth time of doing exactly what you have done... and a secret from my beautician, which whom I became close friends with (after making her rich from trying so many experiments on my own hair) You are obviously like me, you look brunette, even perhaps with some grey -also like me..LOL but your true natural highlight has got red tones to it. This is what she finally clued me in on.... Dye 1 to 2 shades darker, then go with a frost or a bleach , any tint or highlight , regardless what color you choose, would still bring out your natural highlights , which must be red.... has worked every time for me since, and thankfully I am no longer her best or/and weekly customer and I actually save quite a bit of $$$ by doing it myself. But if you are not comfotable doing it yourself, then I also suggest going to a professional. Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment