Tuesday, May 1, 2012

My roots are too red but I love the rest of my hair color. Can I just use toner on the roots? Thanks

Please Help.Long Story short, I had my hair dyed a coppery, reddish brown. Decided I didn't like the color. Went to Toni %26amp; Guy to get highlights and lolights to kind of camoflauge it because it needed dimension anyway. (BTW, hair is in bad shape from dyeing). The highlights and lowlights look great, but my roots at my part and around my hairline are still really coppery red and they clash with the rest. If I put a toner on my hair #1. Is it damaging #2 What shade (green for the reddish or blue for the coppery orange, or both) and #3. Can I use the toner strictly on the roots of my part and hairline where it is the worst. If I use the toner all over my hair, won't it change the color of the highlights and low lights. I really don't want that but can't stand this reddish orangey root color that clashes with the rest. Can anyone recommend a toner for this exact situation that I can buy and do myself. They seem to get pissed when you request corrections at salons. I want to do it myself.



My roots are too red but I love the rest of my hair color. Can I just use toner on the roots? Thanks so much!!

Why don't you call the hairdresser and explain your situation the you love the color but not like the brightness on the scalp. I believe you paid good money and should be completely satisfied. If the hairdresser blows you off you should speak to a manager. I would hate for you to ruin your hair trying to fix it yourself, besides I believe that a good hairdresser would want her best work so she should fix it.(she or he)



My roots are too red but I love the rest of my hair color. Can I just use toner on the roots? Thanks so much!!

I agree with the answer above me. I know what you mean about hair stylist getting mad. I called back this hair stylist one time because he ruined my hair color. When I tried telling him what the problem was he actually cussed at me and hung up on me. A good hair stylist will not do that though. I'm sure your hair stylist will be able to tone down your roots. Good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment