Thursday, April 26, 2012

Help! I dyed my hair and it turned out much too red?

I dyed my medium to dark brown hair last week with Loreal's Natural Match in shade 5N according to the box my hair was supposed to turn a medium brown shade that brought out my natural highlights. Now my hair is more of dark brassy reddish brown, it doesn't look good at all. Im scared that as the color fades the red is going to show up even more. Im scared to dye it again, but I need to fix this problum. What can I do to get ride of this red or atleast cut out the brassy color.



Help! I dyed my hair and it turned out much too red?

The reason it is reddish is because your hair was lightened. It WILL NOT "wash out" with shampoo. Recolor it a little darker to cover the red.



If your hair is long you may wanna have it professionally done as it will be hard to get an even color.



Help! I dyed my hair and it turned out much too red?

Get a clarifying shampoo and wash your hair thoroughly as soon as possible. Follow up with a deep conditioner. Continue to wash and condition your hair every day for one week to remove as much dye and fade the color as much as possible. After 2 weeks if the color is still too red, get a dye thats labeled "warm" hair tone in one shade darker than you WANT to achieve, and color over your current shade.



If you don't minde spending more, go to a salon for "corrective color."



Help! I dyed my hair and it turned out much too red?

well if you REALLY hate it, then go to your hair stylest, get all the color ripped out of your hair, and dyed back to your natural color. but thats the most extreme (and pricey) way to fix this.



if you want to fix it at home your going to have to find more dye.



i'm sorry i don't remember what brand it is, but i jsut saw it at wal-mart yesterday



it says Really big on the front of the box "no brass burrnettes"



i know your scared, but the only way to get rid of the color is to either re-dye it or wait for it to grow out



Help! I dyed my hair and it turned out much too red?

Wash your hair several times with baby shampoo (that will remove a little bit of the color)



You will not be able to make your hair any lighter with more haircolor, but you can go back and get the Loreal Natural Match in shade 5C. The cool tones in that color will cancel out some of your brassiness.



Help! I dyed my hair and it turned out much too red?

Just dye it another color.or Shave your head!



You can be like Britany!



Help! I dyed my hair and it turned out much too red?

The first thing I would do is buy the absolute cheapest shampoo you can possible find. Usually it's Suave (not the professionals line). The least expensive the shampoo, the more harsh. This means the color will not stay in long. Your hair may not hold red well anyway. I know mine does not. Wash your hair with the cheap stuff to strip you color but make sure you use a really good quality conditioner. You won't want to damage your hair. Like everyone else has said, you will have to dye it again. This time go with a different brand. If you are looking for something that gives you highlights also then you should try L'Oreal's Couleur Experte. It's around $20, but it works great! Good luck!



check out the link, you may find out some other great info on coloring your hair.



Always remember to do the strand test. It helps out alot. Most places will exchange the hair color for one that better suits you.

No comments:

Post a Comment